Wednesday, October 26, 2016

Booktrailers Mashed Up, Re-Done, and Upgraded!

This year, I was fortunate to have a presentation approved for the 2017 Texas Library Association Conference.  What I'm going to present on are different ways book trailers can be made by thinking outside the box.  So, I've been experimenting and one type of video I absolutely LOVE are Common Craft Videos.  And since imitation is the sincerest form of flattery, I decided to take something I really enjoy and create a book trailer designed like it.  The process will be part of the presentation, but here is my first attempt at booktrailering alternate ways:

 
I still have four more different ways to work with!!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

I loved the new way you did the booktrailer. Reminded me so much of sketchnotes or visual notetaking but in a booktrailer form!!!!

Anonymous said...

How great! I have always enjoyed Common Craft videos and you've done a great job using that style in your own way. Awesome!

Adventures with the Millam's said...

Awesome! I love Common Craft-- that's a fun alternative.

Unknown said...

I loved it and the book!!!

Unknown said...

Totally "Savage" :-)! I must try creating a Common Craft video. Thank you for sharing.

Crownover MS Library said...

Great trailer! Love the Common Craft style! Once, again, you have inspired me to try something new. Thanks!

Unknown said...

I'm intrigued by the fact that you had Common Craft watermarked on all your pictures. How come?

Unknown said...

Very cool! Wish it was free for educators though...

Naomi said...

Hi Debbie and Janice :)
Everything I use is free for educators, including the Common Craft Library (which has the watermarks all over them).

Hope this helps!

Unknown said...

Count on me at your session in April! (Sooooo hoping it doesn't conflict with ours.) Thanks for sharing the medium - Common Craft is new to me.