- About Me
- My Presentations
- Images: Creative Commons
- Music: Creative Commons
- Stock Video: Creative Commons
- Editing Tools for Digital Projects
- Presentation Tools
- 20+ Webtools for Teachers and Students
- Infographic Creators and Tools
- Authors Who Skype (or have Skyped)
- Find the Next Best Book to Read
- Ten+ Webtools for Digital Storytelling
Tuesday, April 4, 2017
Conference Season Is HERE!
This year's theme is "Own Your Profession" and these next few tips will help you own it like an expert conference attendee!
1. Make your schedule now. Don't wait until you get there and are handed a conference scheduler. Do it now so you can really see what you'd like without having to flip pages in your hotel room. The conference schedule is online (and yes, it includes pictures of speakers) and shows everything that is being presented. Best of all? Use the control+F function to search key words, speakers, events, and more to really target your learning experience. Here's the link to the schedule
2. There always seems to be a race to the exhibit halls when they open, so be prepared ahead of time. You usually receive a paper copy that includes coupons, but this year, you can actually download the guide with coupons to fill out early! All you have to do is go to this link and request the PDF and you're on your way to preparedness on the exhibit floor. (there's a tiny link below the major one...click on that. The big one is ALA. Keep looking below that link :)
3. The San Antonio Henry B. Gonzalez Convention Center has been updated, and you may want to see the meeting rooms and ballrooms layout to help you map out for an ultimateTxLA Conference experience. Here's the link to the convention center with tons of information, including getting there and parking. It's always good to know before you go!
What's a little professional development without some fun? Try these out!
Here's a link to the Riverwalk and everything that goes along with it
Here's the link to El Mercado
Here's the link to the San Antonio Plaza (not too far away from the Riverwalk at all!)
I'll see you there!!!
El Mercado: https://c1.staticflickr.com/5/4135/4917927146_822165ea83_b.jpg
San Fernando Cathedral: By Nan Palmero from San Antonio, TX, USA [CC BY 2.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/2.0)], via Wikimedia Commons