Sunday, August 17, 2008

I got my FIX...

I have read so many serious novels and desperately needed something light, funny, and well-written to stave off my overload of seriousness. So what was my candy? Saving Juliet by Suzanne Selfours.

LOVED IT!!! Reviewing it tomorrow. I see this as a highly circulated book, especially after the six week Romeo and Juliet read. My bar for a good funny book? When it takes you by surprise and you find yourself laughing out loud. I did that with this one!

Funny...seems like two of the better funnier books feature Shakespeare - this one and Spanking Shakespeare by Jake Wizener. It's good to see such a seriously heavy genre that is torn apart by analyzation in the classroom come in and sweep students away with some really good sticky sweet reading!


No comments: