Friday, March 19, 2010

I was going to read a WHOLE bunch during spring break...really I was!

I had a list of books, including the newest galley from April Henry (which is on the top! LOVED the premise of this book!) waiting to be read during long drives and late nights. And on top of that, I decided to get out of my familiar comfort zone of realistic YA fiction and read something I haven't in awhile, including fantasy and science fiction.
Well, I'm stalled in the fantasy area. Those books are HUGE!! I'm talking about 600 pages huge! I'm nearly done with it, but I've been reading Dragons of Darkness by Antonia Michaelis. And I'm thoroughly enjoying it. For those teens out there who devour dragon books and the incredible, they need to be prepared for this journey into dark lands, darker warlords and two teenage guys with lots of luck and fortitude.
I'm reserving final judgment on this book until I've finished with it, but thought I'd let you know I haven't stopped blogging, just reading an incredibly thick book. And to think I wanted to swim through Stephen King's Under the Dome. What was I thinking??

Well, they predict SNOW IN TEXAS tomorrow so that'll be a great respite from road-tripping for spring break. Home and a good book...or three..

No comments: