Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Things to do...

1. Put this 23things to bed and soon!! I'm slowly but surely working with others to create a dynamic 23things for librarians in our district, but didn't know until we started working on it how much goes into creating one of these!! It'll be great though, and am looking forward to piloting this on librarians here...

2. Finish the Chasing Brooklyn by Lisa Schroeder trailer. Look for it to be posted Friday or Saturday. So far, I'm about 1/3 of the way finished, and I'm liking what I'm seeing : )

3. Getting reading to gear up for the spring booktalk and getting that ppt in order, but I think this time I'm going to do a prezi! Only, I can't embed Animoto into a free subscription, so it may have to be powerpoint. Here are the titles I'll be booktalking:

Very LeFreak by Rachel Cohn
Chasing Brooklyn by Lisa Schroeder
The Lost Symbol by Dan Brown
Nevermore: Photobiography of Edgar Allen Poe by Karen Lange
Dawn by Kevin Brooks
Rikers High by Paul Volponi
The Dark Devine by Bree DeSpain
Mysteries of Beethoven's Hair by Russell Martin
I'm Down by Mishna Wolff
Lockdown by Walter Dean Myers
Numbers by Rachel Ward
Broken Soup by Jenny Valentine
Sleepless by Thomas Fahy
Coffeehouse Angel by Suzanne Selfours
Last Night I Sang to the Monster by Benjamin Saenz
Purge by Sarah Littman
Reality Check by Peter Abrahams
Bad Girls Don't Die by Katie Alender
Freeze Frame by Heidi Ayarbe
Lockdown by Alexander Smith
Wish You Were Dead by Todd Strasser
Jessica's Guide to Dating on the Dark Side by Beth Fantaskey
Oh. My. Gods by Tera Childs

Hmmmm, looking back at the list, I have:
3 non-fiction
2 adult titles
1 novel in prose
9 guy books
11 girl books
3 romantic "chick lit"
2 mystery
10 realistic fiction
4 supernatural books
4 suspense/thriller

Looks like a great, rounded set of booktalking books to me!!

No comments: