Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Whitewashing....colorwashing...and it's not about laundry

It's a hot topic right now, whitewashing on bookcovers and one I most definitely agree with, MUST be changed!! And that's when my mind started to wander. This is such a far departure from the serious topic, but if you've ever experienced a mind-wandering state, you'll understand. If not, then you must try it! Here's where my mind took me....
I was reading posts about whitetwashing, and all of a sudden, I saw something while sitting in the library. I saw colorwashing on bookcovers. I saw a cover and said, "Oh! That reminds me of another book I read." and when I thought why, it's because of the covers had the same color on it! I think purple is the new black. If you find a book with purple, it will probably be about something spooky or fantastical...
Have you seen any colorwashing of genres lately?






2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Remember when "Confessions of a Shopaholic" came out? After that, it seemed like every girl's book came out with a pink cover. In my library it became a genre, Pink books.

Naomi said...

I had a great idea!! Wouldn't it be cool (and a visual experiment!) if we did displays by color...and see which ones the kids naturally go to?

I think I"m going to do that!!
Thanks for the comment Cupertino HS :)